Linear bearings are divided into metal linear bearings and plastic linear bearings.
The metal linear bearing is a kind of linear motion system which is produced at low cost, which is used for the infinite travel and the cylindrical shaft. Because the bearing ball is in contact with the shaft, the use of load is small. The steel ball rotates with minimal frictional resistance, thus obtaining high precision stationary motion.
Plastic linear bearing is a linear motion system with self-lubricating properties, the biggest difference in the metal linear bearing is that the metal linear bearing is a rolling friction, the bearing and the cylindrical shaft is a point contact, so this is suitable for low load high-speed movement, and plastic linear bearings is sliding friction, bearings and cylindrical shaft is the face contact, So this is suitable for high load low speed movement.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Bearing industry overview
- Self-aligning Ball Bearings
- Self-aligning Roller Bearing
- The seal of the bearing is divided ...
- Attention Points of bearing
- How to guarantee the reliable work ...
- About the bearing installation
- Causes of rolling bearing heating a...
- Bearing maintenance and Disassembly
- Whether the bearing is installed co...